City Vision was formed in 1998 as a political grouping to work to protect and develop our city and communities. We represent the local Labour and Green parties and other progressive people who are active and keen to represent their communities but do not belong to any political party (community independents).
From the start, we have championed policies to grow Auckland into a beautiful, healthy, economically and environmentally sustainable city for ourselves and our children. Since 1998 we have contested Local Government elections mainly in the old Auckland City Council areas of Western Bays, Eden-Albert and Roskill (now known as Waitematā, Albert-Eden and Puketapapa). Our candidates have a strong track record of service to ratepayers and Auckland’s communities. Read more about Who we are
We are an organisation that supports our candidates and communities throughout the electoral cycle.
We don’t just come together at the beginning of an election year and then shut down again when the election is over. We are here to support our elected members as they work with you to make strong communities. We respond directly to your questions and help you reach the most appropriate person to help you.
Guiding Policies and principles
City Vision’s values are known and proven. We have always been the team who has stood up for social justice, for public transport, for environmental protection, for public ownership, and for local communities to have a real say.
We’ve recently updated our guiding policies and principles.
We want a dynamic, democratic, diverse, inclusive and caring region. To achieve that aim we require the candidates and organisations we endorse to work for:
- Strong Local Democracy
- Public Control and Ownership of Strategic Assets
- Fairness in Rates and Service Charges
- Transport Choice and Public Transport Solutions
- A Sustainable Environment
- Economic Fairness and Wellbeing
- Protection of Heritage and Character
- Resilient, Healthy and Safe Communities
- The provision of more housing choice and affordable, healthy, secure homes
- Greater opportunities for Arts, Events, and Recreation
- Access, participation and inclusion for all, including all age groups