We want a dynamic, democratic, diverse, inclusive and caring region. To achieve that aim we require our candidates, our elected members and the organisations we endorse, to work for:
- Commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Strong local democracy
- Commitment by Auckland Council and CCOs to community-based democratic decision-making
- Public control and ownership of strategic assets
- Fairness in rates and service charges
- Transport choice, and public and active transport solutions
- A sustainable environment and low carbon future
- Economic fairness, and wellbeing for all Aucklanders
- Protection of our heritage and character
- Resilient, healthy and safe communities
- The provision of more housing choice, and affordable, healthy, secure homes
- Greater opportunities for access to the arts, events, sport and recreation
- Access, participation and inclusion for all
Our principles are underpinned by our commitment to all Aucklanders:
- We will maximise the democratic role in Auckland Council’s decision-making – at all levels, including the Governing Body, Local Boards and Council Controlled Organisations (CCOs).
- We will promote the principle that Local Boards should make local decisions.
- Elected members will engage with their local communities.
- Our Councillors will attend and report to their Local Board meetings.
- We will seek to advance the social, cultural, environmental and economic wellbeing of Aucklanders, as is required of us by legislation.
- We will do all we can to address climate change, enhance bio-diversity and protect a sustainable natural environment in the Auckland Region.
- We will be financially prudent and keep rates as low as possible.
Approved for the City Vision 2019 Campaign