City Vision’s candidates for the Portage Licensing Trust stand for the following guiding values, principles and policies.
Community | Business | Governance
- Community support – “We support our community.”
- Harm minimisation – “We aim to minimise harm in our community.”
- Openness – “We strengthen transparency between ourselves and the community.”
- Places – “Venues and stores the community are proud of”
- Fairness – “We advocate for fair conditions and pay for our staff.”
- Development – “We push The Trusts to develop staff potential.”
- Voice – “We make space for our staff’s voices in our decision-making.”
- Transparency – “We push The Trusts to be open with the community.”
- Sustainability – “We make sure The Trusts is fit for purpose and sustainable into the future.”
- Finances – “We will be financially smart and progressive”
2019-2022 Policy wins:
All of us have been impacted by COVID-19. Through these hard times, we have…
GIVEN BACK more than $1.5 million to the community in the last financial year.
INTRODUCED a Living Wage for our staff.
ENSURED the business is sustainable in the long term.
Our core belief:
At City Vision we believe that the Licensing Trust model delivers positive benefits to the community through the responsible sale of alcohol and well-managed venues.
- We will focus on a strong, safe and thriving community.
- We will ensure the safe supply and sale of alcohol.
- We will invest back into the community through grants, donations, community projects and events.
- We acknowledge the harmful impacts of alcohol, nicotine and gambling on our communities and will ensure that these impacts are minimised.
- We will provide local venues that are attractive and socially responsible
- We are committed to being leaders in the retail and hospitality space for our community.
- As our greatest asset, we will invest in career opportunities for all our staff.
- We must ensure that, as West Auckland’s third-largest employer, The Trusts’ business is sustainable and socially responsible.
- We will push The Trusts to become a fully-accredited Living Wage Employer.
- We balance sound financial management with openness to new opportunities.
- We will grow our community-owned business.
- We will ensure the Trusts are profitable, responsible and give back to the community.
- Keep The Trusts. We are committed to keeping the Licensing Trusts model and the community owning and controlling the sale of alcohol through retail stores and the number of taverns.
- As a community-owned business, The Trusts should be as transparent as possible.
The City Vision team for the Portage Licensing Trust are:
- Margi Watson
- Marcus Amosa
- Mark Beavis