Shale Chambers, Chair and Pippa Coom Deputy Chair of the Waitemata Local Board are both guest speakers at the St Mary’s Bay Association AGM
When: 7.30pm, Thursday, July 25
Where: Richmond Yacht Club, Westhaven
Questionnaire to be sent to residents later this month. The trial may continue for a further year. Hear the latest from Auckland Council.
Unitary Plan – Shale Chambers
- An overview of the changes possible in St Mary’s Bay and the adjoining suburbs of Ponsonby and Herne Bay
- The Auckland Harbour Bridge Pathway Trust, a private organisation, is proposing a tolled cycleway/walkway under the clip-on on the city side of the Harbour Bridge, with entry/exit points at Westhaven and Northcote Point. The St Mary’s Bay Association is working with the Westhaven Marina Users Association and the Northcote Residents Association to address some major issues, in particular an acceptable design for the entry/exit portals and associated facilities and the impact of an estimated to 5000 walkers and cyclists per day at peak period descending into Westhaven marina and Northcote Point. Before we engage in further consultation we are awaiting the results of a due diligence review by Auckland Council and the possible funder for the proposed SkyPath
- Auckland Waterfront representatives will outline plans for a major upgrade and redesign of Westhaven.
Ponsonby Road Masterplan – Pippa Coom
- The draft proposal for a makeover of Ponsonby Road will be released on July 26. Come and hear what it’s all about and have your say.
- NZTA will detail progress on the final acoustics monitoring of the Vic Park Tunnel project, and outline plans for noise mitigation remedies for 19 specific properties. Also, an update on engine braking noise problems.
Contact: Secretary Wendy Moffat firstname.lastname@example.org