City Vision’s candidates for the Portage Licensing Trust stand for the following guiding policies and principles.
As City Vision
- We believe that Licensing Trust model delivers positive benefits to the community through the responsible sale of alcohol and well-managed pokie venues
- We will advocate for the profits to be invested back into the community through grants, donations, community projects and events.
- We acknowledge the harmful impacts of alcohol and gaming on our communities and will ensure that these impacts are minimised.
- We consider that as West Auckland’s third largest employer, The Trusts must ensure the business is sustainable and socially responsible.
- We will advocate for The Trusts to become a Living Wage Employer.
- We will ensure 95% of profit from gaming is directed back into community through The Trusts Community Foundation.
- The Trusts need strong governance and decision-making that supports our communities, including
- Safe and pleasant on and off license venues
- Lifting the retail experience for customers
- Implementing actions to minimise gambling harm
As your Trust members, we will:
- Maximise grants back to our communities
- Vote to become a Living Wage employer
- Promote safe alcohol sales
- Act to minimise pokie harm
- Push for sound financial management with open books
- Engage with communities
The City Vision team for the Portage Licensing Trust are: