City Vision Health’s pledge to you, our policies and our values
As your board members, we will:
- Act in a financially responsible manner with a balanced approach to spending.
- Understand the experiences of people using healthcare, and work with them to build better services.
- Engage with communities to understand and advocate for their health concerns.
- Be sensitive to the concerns of the health workforce.
Detailed policies for the Auckland District Health Board:
We believe our communities need a strong, accessible primary healthcare system, as the foundation of healthcare services. This includes:
- Supporting communities to stay healthy.
- Prioritising the prevention of illness such as diabetes, asthma, and rheumatic fever.
- Reducing the risk of infectious diseases.
- Quality screening services.
- Development of accessible primary mental health services.
- Building further on the wellness budget. Commitment to creating the findings of the government enquiry.
- Fostering excellent collaboration between health professionals and community organisations including Whānau Ora, and Well Child providers.
- Authentic partnerships with mana whenua, Māori, Pasifika, migrant, and emerging communities to develop culturally responsive services.
- Planning effectively for population growth so that health services have sufficient capacity now and in the future.
- Supporting and expanding the health workforce, including mid-wives and nurses.
- Quality, affordable services for people with disabilities.
- Empowering older people to live an independent life.
- Better access to palliative care.
City Vision supports the ongoing access to quality, accessible hospital care and specialist services that are essential to recovering if we become unwell or have an accident. This includes:
- Free hospital services there when you need them.
- Shorter wait time for surgery.
- Timely access to specialists, and excellent collaboration with primary care.
- Excellent Starship and specialist children’s services to help our kids get the best care.
- Providing innovative tools and technologies that allow our staff to deliver top quality care.
- Improved range and quality of maternity services.