As part of the Auckland Council Annual Plan 2013/14 each Local Board adopts a Local Board Agreement which outlines agreed service levels, capital projects and prioritised advocacy initiatives.
The City Vision-led Waitemata Local Board has been able to secure the following for 13/14:
- a significant redevelopment of Pioneer Women’s Hall, to coincide with the Freyberg Place upgrade to provide a vibrant community hub
- the redevelopment of Myers Park starting with a major upgrade to the play ground
- increasing the evening opening hours at Leys Institute, Grey Lynn and Parnell libraries
- development of a community-led resource recovery centre
- creation of a budget to upgrade facilities when undertaking routine renewals
The agreement also focuses on connecting parks and opening up the coastline, making the Waitemata area a child and family-friendly place to live and visit; identifying and protecting local heritage as well as protecting and enhancing natural environments with a focus on innovative approaches and community involvement.
More details about the Waitemata Local Board transport advocacy projects are available here