An important part of our commitment as City Vision (made up of Labour, Greens and community independents) is that we report back on what we have been doing and communicate the policies and principles that we stand for.
The reports covering the Waitematā Local Board, the Albert-Eden Local Board, the Puketāapapa Local Board, and the Councillors for Waitemata & Gulf and Albert-Eden-Roskill Wards show our elected members delivering on their election commitments, including:
- Being staunch advocates for public ownership of public assets by fighting off attempts to privatise the airport, ports and water utility company from Communities & Ratepayer representatives
- Advocating for stronger environmental and heritage protection standards
- Prudent financial oversight and working to reduce the impact of the government’s amalgamation on rates
- Strongly pushing for better public transport, including the City Rail Link
- Supporting decision making at the local level to ensure local communities continue to see investment in their areas
The reports will be delivered to all homes in the Waitematā and Albert-Eden-Roskill areas.